What is flatbed insurance?
Operating flatbed trucks presents unique risks compared to operating other types of trucks. The equipment that flatbeds transport can be worth five- and six-figure sums, and can be oversized and extremely heavy. In order to protect against the risks that flatbeds pose, Massachusetts businesses that operate these trucks generally should have flatbed insurance.
Flatbed insurance is commercial truck insurance that’s tailored for flatbeds. The terms and conditions found within policies are specifically designed to protect against the risks these trucks pose.
What Massachusetts businesses is flatbed truck insurance right for?
Massachusetts state law generally requires that vehicles are insured. Flatbed truck insurance tends to be the most effective way to procure coverage for flatbeds. Most businesses that operate these trucks will find that one of these policies best meets their needs.
For example, businesses such as the following might want one of these policies:
- Residential and commercial construction crews
- Road construction and repair crews
- Mobile home manufacturers and builders
- Windmill manufacturers and installers
- Commercial mower manufacturers and servicers
- Farmers with flatbeds for equipment
- Secondary car lots that purchase at auctions
There are still many other businesses that should consider these policies.