What kinds of trucks can be insured with commercial box truck insurance?
Commercial box truck insurance policies are available for most types of straight trucks. Standard straight trucks, rack trucks, cargo cutaways, tilt cabs, reefers and other trucks can all be insured with this type of policy.
Insuring straight trucks that have sleeper cabs requires generally requires some additional insurance coverages, but policies for these trucks are also available. An experienced agent can assist with insuring sleeper cab straight trucks.
What protections are included within commercial box truck insurance policies?
Commercial box truck policies generally at least meet minimum state requirements, and most provide protections far beyond what’s minimally required. Some of the coverages that are common in these policies include:
- Comprehensive Coverage, which normally covers truck damage that’s not sustained during multi-vehicle accidents
- Collision Coverage, which normally covers truck damage sustained during multi-vehicle accidents
- Cargo Damage and Loss Coverage, which normally covers damage to or loss of cargo that’s loaded on trucks
- Bodily Injury Liability Coverage, which normally covers physical injuries sustained during accidents
- Property Damage Liability Coverage, which normally covers damage to other businesses/people’s property
- Non-Trucking Liability Coverage, which normally covers injuries or damage that don’t occur during accidents
- Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Coverage, which normally covers accidents involving uninsured drivers
Can commercial box truck policies be used to insure commercial buses?
Commercial box truck policies normally aren’t suitable for insuring commercial buses. While these policies offer good protection for large amounts of cargo, they usually don’t offer the protection that’s needed when transporting large numbers of people. Bus insurance is available instead.