What is Commercial Trucking Insurance?
Operating in the trucking industry comes with potentially serious risks, from major truck damage to pile-up accidents. Commercial trucking insurance can provide Massachusetts businesses in the industry with solid protection against many covered risks that they’re exposed to.
Commercial trucking insurance is a form of specialized commercial vehicle insurance, and it’s crafted with the needs of trucking businesses in mind. Compared to most other vehicle insurances, commercial trucking policies tend to come with higher limits and additional coverages.
What Businesses in Massachusetts Should Carry Commercial Truck Insurance?
Most businesses that are in the trucking industry ought to carry commercial truck insurance. Massachusetts state law generally requires minimum coverages and limits, and most businesses choose to get more protection.
When choosing a commercial truck policy, businesses should work with an insurance agent who specializes in this type of insurance. A specialized agent can help businesses find a policy that’s tailored for the business’ type of trucking. For example, there are policies for:
- Transporters that operate tractor-trailers, flatbeds and/or box trucks
- Movers that operate tractor-trailers and/or box trucks
- Last-mile deliverers that operate box trucks and/or vans
- Waste removal businesses that operate garbage and recycling trucks
- Contractors with box trucks, vans and/or commercial pickups
There are still more policies for other types of trucking businesses.